Digital Literacy Trainings for Parents
Northstar helps you build skills in three main areas:
- Computer Skills: Internet basics, using email, Windows and Mac OS
- Software Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and Google Docs
- Daily Life: Social media, job searching, supporting K-12 distance learning, online safety
Find a Northstar location:
- Sign up for learning by visiting digitalliteracyassessment.org or viewing our step-by-step guide for detailed instructions.
Looking to learn basic computer skills at no cost? Get started by viewing our step-by-step guide on how to access online trainings, with the support of a Northstar partner in your community
Interested in learning new job skills or earning a professional certification? Chicago Connected participants can now access free world-class content taught by instructors from over 190 of the world’s leading universities and organizations through Coursera.A Coursera license includes free access to:
- Over 5,000 courses in multiple languages, including Spanish (sample courses: The Art of the Job Interview, Excel Skills for Business, Introduction to Data Analytics, A Life of Happiness and Fulfillment, and more!)
- Over 30 professional certificates (sample certificates: Data Analytics, IT Support, UX Design, Social Media Marketer, and more!)
How to get started:
Invitations to request a Coursera license will be shared with Chicago Connected participants through CPS Parent Universities and Chicago Connected community partners. If granted a license, learners will have access for four months, with the opportunity to renew.
- Questions? Get in touch with your local Parent University at firstname.lastname@example.org
Attend a Free Workshop
Register for online trainings led by experts from organizations in your community.
Learn Skills On Your Own
Learn at your own pace with self-guided trainings focused on building basic skills.